I love working with clients who wish to develop self-awareness and confidence that can lead to a stronger identity. These fundamental infrastructures are a critical piece to finding happiness in our lives, and especially when we are in a marriage/relationship. I believe in focusing on empathy, self-awareness, and creating solutions.
I really enjoy the discovery and preventative nature of working with pre-marital couples. I’m an advocate of making sure you are prepared for the most important union you will make during your life. There are different theories and ways to work on the ability to understand yourself and others in your life, including your partner. It’s imperative that we work on discovering self-awareness while building the shared meaning and healthy infrastructure needed to maintain a healthy long term relationship. I’m looking to partner with clients on building themselves up from within and finding ways in which they can affect positive and healthy change in their lives
With relationship work– the focus is on building and finding shared meaning. I have been trained in Solution Focused Therapy, Collaborative Behavioral Theory, Narrative and Collaborative, and Gottman couples work.
I also find tremendous value in working with clients on thought partnering. These sessions are not necessarily based on problems brought into the room but rather where we can focus on what is going on in their lives at any given time. There is a value at looking at several ways to frame and think about the different choices and outcomes.
I have over 25 years of professional experience in communications and human relations. As a marketing and television professional prior to entering the counseling field, I gained an appreciation and respect for the role that our communities and relationships play in our daily lives.
- Relationships, Couples & Family Therapy
- Pre-marital counseling
- Self-Esteem; Body Image; Weight Management & Healthy Lifestyles
- Career Exploration
- General Life Transitions
- Personal Growth
- Co-Parenting Issues & Concerns
- Divorce Adjustment
- Indiana Association for Marriage & Family Therapy
- Delta Kappa – Tau Chapter -International Honor Society Of Marriage and Family Therapy
- Gottman–Level I Clinical Training Method Couples Therapy
- IAMFT Spring Conference – Narrative Therapy
- Christian Theological Seminary Counseling Center
- Graduate student and intern in the Marriage & Family Therapist Program, Indianapolis, Indiana. Providing counseling and therapy services to individuals, families & couples seeking greater overall satisfaction and relief from life stresses & challenges. Specializing in couples, individual and family dynamics.